RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sick of heli makers knowingly selling crap
Old 02-21-2004, 07:23 AM
pgitta
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sick of heli makers knowingly selling crap

these are not kiddie toys, they are high performance electronics with extreme heat and amperage tendencies

LOL! The Space Shuttle is high performance electronics with extreme blah, blah... THESE are hair dryers with big blades on them and that's ALL they are.

You can't just walk into your local hobby store and expect Wal-Mart service
Really? Why not? Why are they exempt from backing up their products? If I buy a hair dryer from Walmart and the motor burns out in a week, they'll take the whole thing back and I'll buy a better one. I don''t give two craps about the motors on these things being overdriven. Tough. Then put a disclaimer on the box that states that fact. "This product has a limited lifespan before replacement parts will be necessary" OR, just put a brushless motor in the kit and sell it for more.

If you really think you're going to spend money only one time, and that your hobby store will exchange your heli every time a brush goes bad, then you're in the wrong hobby

Typical snide, condecending crap. Not what I said at all, but go ahead and interpret however you wish.

And thank you for your gracious council on which hobbies I should be in.

Go to Radio Shack and get yourself a $19 car.
And I can think of somewhere YOU can go too.