RCU Forums - View Single Post - !@#$%^&*() Jr landing Gear
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Mini Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: !@#$%^&*() Jr landing Gear

HI ... DCFLYYER!

Your photos are excellent!!

As I look back into the construction manual (a year later!), my manual shows (pg. 13-4) a nylon clevis on the tail rotor pitch bellcrank, and a "Z" bend in the pushrod at the servo end. My machine has a soldered on brass 2-56 threaded adaptor on BOTH ends of the T/R pushrod, as I am not a great fan of "Z" bends, unless they are on parkfliers. SO ...... I must guess that I perhaps also hacked a tad off the T/R pushrod and added the threaded bushing, as the stock configuration may not have aligned all that well. Forgive me for not remembering the details.

The fact is, from your very good photos, that your setup looks good to me ..... can't really see anything that looks amuck!

BUT .... REMEMBER, when you decide to spool the little bird up in the living room, make SURE that you have a 2" X 4" stuffed through the skids, and take your time!!!!!!!! My first spool-up went fine, until the undercharged TRANSMITTER pack died, and the heli wound up in the fireplace ..... UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!! AND ...... It could have been in my face!!!
Oh .... one other thing ..... I'm the only guy on earth that has the battery pack stuffed into both JR landing gear holders. I think part of that is a result of my (accidentally) mounting the rear landing gear strut well forward of the stock rear LMH landing gear strut mount. Also, I pushed the Rx, gyro, wire harnesses, ESC as far forward a I could, and the CG is just a tad nose heavy with this setup.

I think you are getting real close to a spool-up and watch / listen for funny things ..... be sure to do a radio range test, too. If you need advice on that one, don't hesitate to ask. Remember .... the dumbest question is the one you DIDN'T ask!! AND ....... above all else ......... TAKE YOUR TIME ...... as haste makes waste (usually of many hours and lots of $$$$$$!!)

Enough preaching for now!

Happy and SAFE hovering,

Russ