RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Box Tape
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radio Box Tape

Ron, thanks for the input. I have never used tape before. My radio boxes were always built with a silicone seal with the cover held down with #4 cap head machine screws. The latest A mono I built has a very busy radio box cover in the it's a "U" shape so I can get the tuned pipe out over the box with a "channel" built into the top of the box. I never trusted tape but this time it's almost a necessity. I've heard others that had poor results with hockey stick tape. The weather seal tape is a good thought. I've not seem narrow widths. I assume you cut it in half, lengthwise to get the desired 3/4" to 1" width. Does it tend to pull paint off? How about leaving tape residue? I'm with you on the cost of the "Hobby Industry" tape. There is no way I will pay $10 for a role of commercially available relabeled tape. There has to be a better way. That's coming from someone that used to make his own cool clamps for converted airplane racing engines (ST .19's, ST X40's, Taipan .21 etc). Yes, I've been at this game for a few years.