RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1 way bearing, grease or no?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 10:15 PM
davealator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1 way bearing, grease or no?

ok, Graham, i put just a little grease and worked it into the needle bearings, not crammed full to where it would clog, just enough, however, i am the 1'st to admit to being a fng, you obviously have alot more time and money invested into this addiction. i don't plan on buying another 1-way so i'll be looking for a chrome-top later than sooner, lynx, i assumed that shaft pokin thru the backplate spins round bout 25 or 30 k so this little bearing, ridin that shaft might enjoy a little lubrication. Chris, i would think that the hole the shaft is in would be pretty tight and grease wouldn't wander down there, but i don't know. Rob, the whole assembly was dry, i took it all apart and spun it around by hand and it didn't sound good. A little high temp grease, and it was smooooth. Then the motor, it sounded like metal nails on a metal chalkboard so i put a little oil in it at tdc, let it sit overnight and the next day, turned it over real slow until it started to pop, then rinsed her out with some nitro, and fired it up.[8D], OOOOOHH BABY , this thing is going to fly. sounds like its mad at something. I can't wait, but i am. Fail safe on the way, radio system to follow, eventually.