RCU Forums - View Single Post - my bottle rocket air boat
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 11:42 PM
ibuildstuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my bottle rocket air boat

ORIGINAL: Model_Mann
when ever i am sorking with any thing that is explosive/ volital/ DANGEROUS, i practice extream cauation, and try not to do any thing stupid, Continue to next quote
butt when i make then i have promissed to never use more than 1.5 oz of black, or flash powder, or any explosive at a time, the most ive ever used in one noise maker was around 1/4 oz. and was used in the ones i explained to you guys already. and this justifies this how?
Id suggest you get a little more knowledge of what exactly CAN happen when you mess with that stuff... at my shooting club, there is a can of XXX black powder... now, flash is hotter, and but burns faster... now this XXX black powder can, WAS EMPTY.. guy puts his cig in there, can blows up, he looses 2 fingers.... wanna know how? the dust inside of the tin ignited, causing a hellava explosion, rupturing the tin. Your playing with flash powder, and 1 and a half ounces of that stuff, is apx 2500+ grains, when i shoot black powder, i use 85 grains, and it'll knock a deer down in its tracks... I would suggest you seriously reconsider your intentions with this substance.

Jesse

BTW, I'm not trying to be a dick about it, just trying to keep someone who likes the hobby, WITH the hobby.