Thread: Toledo Show
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 09:25 AM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Toledo Show

David,

I have been going to Toledo for the past 15 years or so. I generally go down on Friday, first thing, and stand in line for what seems forever getting tickets. Once past that, you have to fight huge crowds to discover not everyone is set up yet. Once I make one circuit of the place, downstairs and upstairs, everyone I go with has about had it for the day and we head back home - usually discovering that we missed something. I then end up going back on Sunday, which over the past several years has not had the attendance of Friday or Saturday, so you can get around really good - except that some of the vendors have sold out on what you were looking for.

This year, we will still go on Friday, but we are arriving around lunch time on Friday at Tony Packos and then heading to the Seagate center around 1:00PM. No wait for tickets and others will be tired and leaving for the day or lunch so the crowds shouldn't be too bad. Most everyone should be setup by then. I'll probably go back on Sunday again, but I do think Friday will be a bit less of a hassle.

Don't forget to be able to take lots of pictures - the planes on display are unbelievable. Two planes that I always look for are ones entered by Faye Stilley and Keith Shaw. Faye is a wizard with monokote and Keith always comes up with something that get the saliva glands going.

Dan