RCU Forums - View Single Post - my bottle rocket air boat
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 01:19 PM
canadianjosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my bottle rocket air boat

I used to be 15 once to my friend, I have had many experiences with explosives, fireworks manufacturing, and high explosives that you've never heard of. If you think flash powder is powerful wait until you stumble upon AP and your 4 inch pipe bomb will level your barn, your house and you at the same time. Now, back in the day i used to be into model rockets, i built a 3 stage D engine AIM-9 sidewinder missle model (no explosive payload). For your special effects needs i suggest you use 1/2 a engines. Now if you launch a rocket engine out of a tube that is shorter than 5 feet long your engine will fly all over the place uncontrollably. This is simply because the engine has not reached a sufficient speed while being guided to fly straight. This is why the rocket lauch pads have that long metal pole, this is to aloow the rocket to be guided until it has reached a speed at which the fins on it can control its course. Now loading an explosive payload into a rocket is no problem, given that you know where it is headed and where it will be when the payload explodes, this is very difficult to do, especially if your rocket is going to fly all over the place. As well loading explosives into rockets is kinda looked down upon by fellow modelers, i know this because i once brought up the topic of loading rockets into planes. So one be safe, i don't recommend even thinking about explosives until you have done some extensive research into them( about a yr or two). Good luck