View Single Post
Old 06-19-2002, 02:00 AM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JetCat Ecu

Originally posted by Mr-Nat
Guys,

What Lee is saying using a volt meter is a way of checking for amp draw,but should be done using an ammeter in series to checkfor amps. Voltage drop will only show on some volt meters if the draw is really excessive. The meter that Lee uses doesn't check the ECU battery status at all. Nat
Nat I beg to differ with you, the I4C volt meter is very sensitive and will show the slightest voltage drop & current draw increase! While adjusting travel end points you can adj. down to 1 or 2 percent of movement, it really shows a binding setup on servo throws!

My experience tells me using the I4C unit installed on board you don't need an ammeter!! The I4C Products voltmeter does a great job. And for the I4C meter checking the ECU battery condition, Yes Nat, it can easily be wired to the ECU battery circuit. If you recall that is exactly how we found Bob's weak ECU battery at our rally! The I4C is a great tool and in my opinion should be used in all turbine installations -- you can install it in seconds, it's not expensive, and is very sensitive ----------
Lee -------

PS I have never seen anyone using an ammeter in line or other wise at the field, much less installed in a model aircraft. I'm not saying it wouldn't be better, just saying I've never have seen one used in a model ---------On the other hand I see the I4C in many installations, and it shows the slightest high current draw or low voltage situation --