RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier Ripper, didn't like the first day of spring.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:24 AM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Ripper, didn't like the first day of spring.

[:@] Today i decided to fly my Lanier Ripper for its flight after a long drawn out winter break. Charged the batteries, put everything back where i last had it from the last time i had it in the air, and rechecked CG.
It just wont fly now!!!! First toss, I didn't throw it hard enough, crashed in the groud. Second toss, flew for 20 feet, then started banking hard to the right, tried to correct and boom, in the ground. Fixed the prop cleaned it off. Third Toss. Very hard running start. Climbed out very nicely, same thing hard bank to the right, tried to correct and BOOM!!! right in the ground..
What has just happened. Its flying like crap. Seemed to me that it just wasn't getting enough airspeed and it tip stalls. when i tryed to give some left aileron to counter it, no good. I did nothing differant than the last time.. I think it didn't feel like flying today! It kinda seems like the vert stab wasn't doing it's job, and the torque of the motor is just flipping it over.

Oh well, time to buy more coroplast.