RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Edge 540 query
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 11:26 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Edge 540 query

I do concur with morgan....mine flies wonderfully! With the rearward servos, and Moki, I have to say I have the CG at the rearward position, with no adverse affect.
It is so true though that it will snap with too much elev. That is one trait I don't like, but like it sounds like morgan did, I simply took out the throw on that particular rate. I do however definately have high rates with it. Another words..full throws at high rate...and it is fun, as well as expo is set up at about 80% with that much throw.
I set the whole plane's rate switch to one switch, which is a triple rate switch, so I do have 3 rates to choose. The low is very mild in that it's just like a stick-plane. Very smooth take-off's/landings, this has about 30%expo dialed in with recomended throws, the middles setting has a bit less then the highest recomended throws, with about 50% expo, and the highest rate has 80%expo with bevel to bevel throws...and when its in that setting it's really not bad at all thanks to expo...but when you start cranking on that stick...look out....it's wild.....and a ton of fun... keep trying guys. They do fly very well...extremely well IMO. Good luck