RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier Ripper, didn't like the first day of spring.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:00 AM
468hotrod
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lanier Ripper, didn't like the first day of spring.

The prop on my Slasher is longer than the front leg of the plane so I kill the engine prior to landing to prevent the prop from striking the ground. First, make sure you have the prop properly timed on the engine. Rotate the prop counter-clockwise until you hit the compression of the engine. The prop should be horizontal or a little towards the "2 o-clock" position. That way when you kill the engine or run out of gas the wind blowing on the prop will keep it up against the compression and keep it at a horizontal level so it won't strike the ground when landing.

I don't know which radio you have but if it is a computer radio with a "Throttle Cut" it is easy to do. I have a 9CAP. I program my throttle cut on the spring-loaded "Trainer" switch. It has a percentage on the programming. I always put in the maximum 40%. That closes the carb barrel the farthest and should get any engine from an idle to completely closed off and will kill the engine.

I hope that helps.

Ray