RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cheap 1/2A starter
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 02:14 AM
CrazyHerb
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cheap 1/2A starter

Well, anyway, I bought a sheet of styrofoam tonight -- if that Delta thing flies into me, it'll be your fault.
Haaaa! Dude...I love the CheapDelta.... I have mine balanced at nearly 23%....WAY too far back....but funny thing is...still doesn't stall...just VERY elevator sensitive...but that works in my favor....I use the turning to act as a big "air brake"....Delta's create a lot of drag in a hard bank or stall....that's why I can run a non-throttled motor...and always spinning around me....slows the plane down.....

I'm going to slap another CheapDelta together as soon as I get a couple hours free....and try to do it lighter....HS-81's instead of standard servos...
and a 350 mah pack instead of full sized 600 mah....Maybe even cover it...with some moneykote...

You can't beat it with a stick.....
$60 - 2 channel single stick radio
$35 - Norvel .061
$1 - Worth of 3/4 in pink foam
$1 - Worth of packing and fiber tape
Elevon horns are popsicle stick cut in half (one for each elevon)....and glued into the foam...

Total cost - $97

Go back to the 1/2A main part...just posted PLANS for the little fireball....(make sure you disable your browsers AUTO-RESIZE function under tools/options)..
http://www.crazyherb.com/CheapDelta/cheapdelta.jpg
ENJOY!!

Weee haaa...
CrazyHerb
Attached Images