RCU Forums - View Single Post - DA-50R or G-62 for 300 Special?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Nogyro
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DA-50R or G-62 for 300 Special?

ORIGINAL: AeroDave

My question is: Will the edge hover and harier with a stock G62? looking at this airplane mainly because of the recommended use of an engine I already have, a stock G62. So what do you think?
I've gotten some time on my Edge/g-62 combo now. It hovers just fine with LOTS of extra for pull out. I'm learning TR'ing now. It does an upright elevator with very little wing rock, and the inverted elevators are just something. No wing rock at all, dead solid, just use rudder for heading. A wall on high rates is great. It just "pops" right up, no wing dropping at all. Still learning the rudder inputs to keep the Waterfalls in line, but just as tight as can be. Does real good flat spins upright and inverted at just a click over idle. This might sound like a sales pitch, but after flying my Giant Stinger for 3 years with my G-62, this is the perfect next plane. My G-62 has had the electronic ignition installed by Ralph Cunningham. No more top end power, but much smoother idle, which I think is a must for a plane like this. After putting this one together, I already have an Extra coming out of this first batch. If you get one, you won't be disappointed.