RCU Forums - View Single Post - C160 transall build
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 03:26 AM
RustyTumbles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: C160 transall build

I'll stay with the two bladed props then! I wasn't sure whether or not prop efficiency was a big issue on this bird.

I found a pic of a U.N. C160 but the colour sceme is pretty boring. It white with a black nose and leading edges and a few U.N. markings on the fuse and wings.

How much fuel do you recomend putting through the engines before I fly? I usually only put 3-4 tanks through a new motor before I fly. Then I finish running in the motors airborne. Is this a common practice with twins? Or do you guys tend to do more running in on the ground?

My running in procedure is usually 2-3 tanks for initial break in, next tank for top end mixture (usually just comming on to lean) , idle mixture/ speed and throttle transition. And one more tank just to be sure every thing is sweet! Then over the next 10-15 flights I will slowly wind the high end needle in until at the best setting. With only very minor changes after that for weather conditions if any at all....

Is it ok to do it that way and just make sure the engines are at very similar settings until fully run in? Or is it better to run them in one at a time then when happy sync them and go fly?