RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 Twist 3D
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Bama
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D

Hey guys,
I slipped out to the field this afternoon and got three flights on mine. It flew great. It needed just a couple clicks of trim on ail and ele and she was flying straight. I was easing the throttle to her and I was off and flying at 1/2 throttle(with an Evolution .46). The Evo had plenty of power for it. I have never tried to hover, but I knew ya'll would ask if it had enough power to so I tried a little. It would hang there with about half throttle, maybe a little more. This was with a MAS 11x6 prop. I picked up an APC 12.25x3.75 because I may try some of this 3D stuff now that I have a plane capable without so much money tied up in it. I plan to try the new prop tomorrow afternoon. It is a little tail heavy for my liking, but it is in the recommended range and I got used to it after a while. I left the elevator on low rates with some expo(I think about 30%). The elevator was pretty sensetive, probably due to being a little more tail heavy than i am used to. I used the high rates on ailerons with about 40% expo and high on rudder with some expo there too. It is a real hoot to fly, I really enjoyed my little bit of time this afternoon and I am sure ya'll will enjoy it too.
Alan