RCU Forums - View Single Post - BRISON 2.4 INFO
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 06:05 AM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BRISON 2.4 INFO

I have a Brison 2.4 and use 3/32 - 5/32 Tygon fuel line. This engine only pulls about as much fuel as a .61 glow, you don't need a large line, a 16 oz. tank will give you 12 - 15 mins. flying time. I have only used nicads on my 2.4 and have used both 850 & 1200 mah. 4 cell. The 850 I would charge after 6-7 flights and the 1200 after 8-10, if I was flying everyday. I use whatever filter I have at hand. If I have the space I like the Sullivan Crap Trap, if I don't I use a shorter one such as a GP. A no, no I know but I've also run my gas engines with no filter, but I always filter from the supply tank.

This is a wonderfully smooth, powerful (for it's size) engine but I had no end of troubles with the ignition system. I sent it back to Brison twice (a great expense from where I live) and they could not get it working right, oh they said it was, but it was always the same when I got it back - almost impossible to start. In desperation I sent it to C & H in Wyoming and their comments to me were "no one in their right mind should ever install a pick up with that much gap between the magnet", and I figure they should know, they make the ignition system on the thing.They installed a new style pick up with 1/2 the gap and now the engine starts as easy as any glow engine I've ever had.

You will like the gas for economy but I still prefer glow engines, the gas stinks so you got to plug everything up before you put it in the car and if your not careful they'll shake the dickens out of your aircraft. To me they are a necessary "EVIL" if you want to fly large aircraft, but as I say I still prefer a good glow engine. Boy I know that statement will bring me some flax!!!!!!!