Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BRISON 2.4 INFO

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 10:24 PM
FATBOY
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRISON 2.4 INFO

I'm in the process of purchasing my first gasser (Brison 2.4). I need to know a few things. what diameter & suggested brand do I need for fuel line, filters (in-line ?), and what size & brand nimh battery would be best for the ignition.

Thanks for any info---
Old 04-16-2004, 06:05 AM
Don M.

Default RE: BRISON 2.4 INFO

I have a Brison 2.4 and use 3/32 - 5/32 Tygon fuel line. This engine only pulls about as much fuel as a .61 glow, you don't need a large line, a 16 oz. tank will give you 12 - 15 mins. flying time. I have only used nicads on my 2.4 and have used both 850 & 1200 mah. 4 cell. The 850 I would charge after 6-7 flights and the 1200 after 8-10, if I was flying everyday. I use whatever filter I have at hand. If I have the space I like the Sullivan Crap Trap, if I don't I use a shorter one such as a GP. A no, no I know but I've also run my gas engines with no filter, but I always filter from the supply tank.

This is a wonderfully smooth, powerful (for it's size) engine but I had no end of troubles with the ignition system. I sent it back to Brison twice (a great expense from where I live) and they could not get it working right, oh they said it was, but it was always the same when I got it back - almost impossible to start. In desperation I sent it to C & H in Wyoming and their comments to me were "no one in their right mind should ever install a pick up with that much gap between the magnet", and I figure they should know, they make the ignition system on the thing.They installed a new style pick up with 1/2 the gap and now the engine starts as easy as any glow engine I've ever had.

You will like the gas for economy but I still prefer glow engines, the gas stinks so you got to plug everything up before you put it in the car and if your not careful they'll shake the dickens out of your aircraft. To me they are a necessary "EVIL" if you want to fly large aircraft, but as I say I still prefer a good glow engine. Boy I know that statement will bring me some flax!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I have had two and you will love this engine.
I ran them on Amsoil 100:1 mixed at 90:1.
I would recommend you get Aerotrend fuel line www.aerotrend.com
I would also recommend Slimline Products fuel filters.
I ahve run the engine on 1000 to 2700 maH packs with no problems

ORIGINAL: FATBOY

I'm in the process of purchasing my first gasser (Brison 2.4). I need to know a few things. what diameter & suggested brand do I need for fuel line, filters (in-line ?), and what size & brand nimh battery would be best for the ignition.

Thanks for any info---
Old 04-16-2004, 10:58 PM
FATBOY

I appreciate the info. Will I need to purchase a more updated ignition? Does brison equips them w/ cheat ignitions?[>:] I'm Looking into buying the CAP-X, or an equivalent plane @ 11-13 lbs. Whats the max weight this engine will pull unlimited vertical.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:57 AM
Geistware

No, they use C&H Ignitions and they are great.
You can upgrade it to a fully electronic ignition but I have used the mechanical advance ignitions and like it.

ORIGINAL: FATBOY

I appreciate the info. Will I need to purchase a more updated ignition? Does brison equips them w/ cheat ignitions?[>:] I'm Looking into buying the CAP-X, or an equivalent plane @ 11-13 lbs. Whats the max weight this engine will pull unlimited vertical.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:28 AM
Don M.

I had mine on a 16 lb. 300S and with the right prop it had "ALMOST" unlimited vertical. In my opinion anything under 14 lbs. fully loaded should give you what you want. Their is nothing wrong with their ignition set up except for that **#@** wide gap between the pick up & magnet - but maybe they have changed that, I don't know, mine is 7 years old. I have a feeling they set the max. advance a bit short also because C & H checked mine and said they were able to advance it 6 degrees - it made quite a difference.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Geistware

Don, I will agree.
An APC 20x8 is extremely strong vertical.

ORIGINAL: Don M.

I had mine on a 16 lb. 300S and with the right prop it had "ALMOST" unlimited vertical. In my opinion anything under 14 lbs. fully loaded should give you what you want. Their is nothing wrong with their ignition set up except for that **#@** wide gap between the pick up & magnet - but maybe they have changed that, I don't know, mine is 7 years old. I have a feeling they set the max. advance a bit short also because C & H checked mine and said they were able to advance it 6 degrees - it made quite a difference.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:37 PM
mustangshooter

can someone tell please, the nipples on the brison 2.4 which one does the fuel line go to and the other on back of carb, is that a vent, you info is appreciated.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

The one on the back cast aluminum cover is not a vent, it goes to a fitting somewhere on the carb insulator block or in the case..It takes the pulse from the crankcase and operates the fuel pump function in the carb..The engine won't run without it....