RCU Forums - View Single Post - Full Brushless (100%) Dragonfly - Version 1.0
Old 04-26-2004, 07:54 AM
Super-Hornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Full Brushless (100%) Dragonfly - Version 1.0

Hi justin_92_92... thanks for the compliment. Happy to hear someone do like my design.

Hi Xperimental. My tail CDROM motor is just a normal CDROM motor. That CDROM motor was my 4th try. If u ask me, try get a small CDROM motor for tail for the weight purpose BUT getting too small CDROM motor has a difficulty or even not success in rewinding it.

Here is the story of my motor:
I tried 2 CDROM motor with 2mm shaft size but not successful. It keep on chattering without any spinning at all. I tried using wires with different turns and still not working. Maybe the size too small or the stock magnet too weak. I tried a bigger size CDROM motor (I think it is 3mm Shaft) and at first I manage to make it spin but speed too slow. I initially develop that CDROM motor for Main drive instead (To replace my heavy Himax HA2025-4200). I then uses more thicker wire and I was limited to 10 turns per pole due to the size of the stator. I use another CDROM motor cap (due to it has stronger magnet as compare to the one that I use for the stator). I tried it and DAMN it spin too fast. Then Himax HA2015-4100 together with PHX-10 arrive at LHS. I purchase it and then decided to use the CDROM motor for tail instead. Then few days ago my CN12-RXC died off due to brushess worn out. So, I decided to go ahead with 100% Brushless and never look back.

Super-Hornet