RCU Forums - View Single Post - Full Brushless (100%) Dragonfly - Version 1.0
Old 04-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Super-Hornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Full Brushless (100%) Dragonfly - Version 1.0

Hi helisfreak

I running at 10 Turns per pole. I running at Star Config. Believe me... This motor IS DAMN FAST AND POWERFULL!!. When I use EP-5030, the thrust is so damn stronge and the current drawn can be as high as 4A to 5A at full power. The reason I cut down the EP-4025 to EP-3020 is to reduce the torque (Way too much torque till I really experiencing tail hunting at 50% gain on the gyro) and also to reduce the current drawn. I think my stock magnet (Actually from another model/brand CDROM motor cap) is strong enough. I do not want to spend more money on new magnet. Maybe when I decided to build another motor I will buy a new magnet.

The shaft I use is actually from IPS shaft. It is 30mm and it doesn't matter to me because I make use of the IPS shaft with screw track to nut tighten various types of GWS Blades. So far I like about EP-4025 blades.

Oh.. BTW, I use direct drive. As I said previously, I prefer direct drive for its fast response and small blades (I prefer small blades... looks more realistic)

Super-Hornet