RCU Forums - View Single Post - Full Brushless (100%) Dragonfly - Version 1.0
Old 04-27-2004, 07:53 PM
helisfreak
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Full Brushless (100%) Dragonfly - Version 1.0

NO.... himax 2015-4100... is 48 gram.. .u don't want to use that on tail... LOL....

If u hated ur tail motor so mucch.. get a hornet or something.. driven tail...

SuperHornet... Well... i never have a chance to see the hixmax run on my helicopter... but... When i first made my cd-rom motor.. .star wind.. I think that the himax are faster and better. But now i have rewind... my whooper.. double stator.. to a delta...that is where is rpm kick in... i increase the torqe by stacjking.. .and change winding to delta for high rpm... I have not try this yet... but i had tried a single stator..with delta wind.. and now it on my aerohawk... when i tested... holding it in my hand and full throttle.. the blade bend up at lease 1.25 inches... lol... .and i can feel the thrust. Back then with star wind... my esc and motor never get hot.. but now delta are hot wire... it did get a bit hot... but im pretty sure it stronger then the himax 4100... so if you can.. try the delta wind.. u will see the different....

I do not believe that u need a bigger motor for ur tail... i've have seen the smallest cd-rom motor... i think they're perfect for the tail.. it depend how u wind it.. and ur magnet... so if u want to reduce some weight... change it back to the small motor and change the magnet and rewind...