RCU Forums - View Single Post - Full Brushless (100%) Dragonfly - Version 1.0
Old 04-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Super-Hornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Full Brushless (100%) Dragonfly - Version 1.0

Hi helisfreak and all

If you make your CDROM motor to be close to what Himaxx motor or any commerical B/L motor used, u sure get the same or close performance. If your total number of stator pole or total area of stator pole higher that Commercial one, off course u get better preformance than commercial one.

One thing u need to realise or anyone try to create CDROM motor is that at the end of day, which method (Home Mod or Commercial One) give u more conveniences. U can spend a lot of time and money by hunting CDROM motor, dissambled, rewinding, re-mounting and remagneting it and cross finger to hope it work or just buy commercial one and use it. Which method u prefer is all up to u.

U can increase the power of CDROM motor by changing its magnet and adding more stator but at the and of the day, the total weight maybe higher than commercial version.

If there is a B/L motor that is small and most importantly small, and can be use for tail motor, and u don't mind about the price (Plus one more B/L controller for tail), then go for it.

I know Delta and Star configuration differences. My main objective is long lasting and low current consumption. My CDROM motor is strong enough in Star, I will not going to change it to Delta. If I want, I will try building even lighter CDROM motor with lower current consumption for tail because I think I still got some CDROM motor left...Again.. I prefer lower current consumption so might still stick to Star also.

Super-Hornet