RCU Forums - View Single Post - WH Edge Hardware Kit question
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 01:12 PM
NE0
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WH Edge Hardware Kit question

Did any of you buy the Hardware Kit/Pkg for the Wildhare Edge? If so, what did you do about the supplied Dubro HD Control Horns that come in the kit?

The manual says that if you use these supplied horns (which are too LONG), you have to drill new holes to move them back and get the linkage to line up with the hinge point. First of all, if this is the WH supplied hardware kit, why in the heck don't they line up with the holes pre-drilled in the ARF? [:'(]

Second of all, you can't drill new holes further back, since the hardpoint block doesn't go back that far. I'd have to strip the rudder covering and build more wood into the rudder, hoping to make it blend in smooth after recovering! [:@]

It just seems to me if you're going to sell a hardware kit for your own plane, you'd either sell a kit that fit the ARF as is, or build the ARF so that it worked with the Dubro hardware you're supplying. I for one do NOT want to strip covering, add more weight in the rudder and have to recover.

Nor do I feel that it's fair to expect me to go out and buy something different that DOES fit properly, after paying $75 for a kit that was supposed to do the job. Am I missing something here? I apologize to Tom if I'm missing something, but I don't think I am.

The kit also comes with short Nelson horns, but they are too SHORT. I take it those are for the ailerons and elevators, which I haven't even looked at yet... hope THEY line up. [X(]

Neo