RCU Forums - View Single Post - Zaig Fixx Lovers!
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Neocypher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaig Fixx Lovers!

For those of you that love the Zagi Fixx but hate the puny motor system on it read on.

I have had several of these and like many others was very disapointed with its VERY wimpy performance (if it ould even be called that). So I have been experimenting with many different power systems. I thought of using brushed systems like the person that used a GWS300 system but I relized that I wanted something that would be as special as the plane itself was. I tested Astroflight direct drive 010, 020, Hacker B20-15L (4.4-1 planatary gear box) and Razor 2500A (4.4-1 planatary gearbox) motors and found that all but the Astro 010 worked exremly well. The Astro 020 is the one I finally settled with driving a Zagi prop directly. It pulls at most 16 amps and I am using a Kokam 1500mah 3S1P pack on it. This pack is rated at 12 amps continous and 15 amps max so it is a little short on amps but it goes so fast you never have to go over 1/2 throtle and you get nearly unlimited verticle at 3/4 throtle. This pack fits just right in the battery bay with some roo to spare. You wil have to add about 3/4 oz in weight to the nose but with the thrust that this puts out it is no big deal at all. a better choice might be a thunder power 2100mah 3s1p pack as I think it would handle the amps but it might be a little large but could be made to fit. Another option is to use the Kokam's 340mah shd packs in a 3s3p option but you will limit your flight time. This plane just outright ocks with any of the above setups (not including the astro 010). Good luck and if you have any questions give me a ring