RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tower discount codes
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2004, 12:58 PM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower discount codes

ORIGINAL: FHHuber

The freebie is usually one of the little fold out cupons. You have to look at all of the cupons to find it.. because its not always in the same place. (its one of thier ways to get yo to LOOK at all of the cupons)

The freebie is typically something like a pair of switch mounts when you buy $50 worth of stuff... Its a separate item number yuo order... instead of being something that takes up the discount code position on the order form or web-form. (only one discount code allowed... you can have the discount code and the "freebie.")
The only thing I don't like about their "Freebies" is the way they advertise it before you join they don't tell you that you have to spend a minimum amount to get the freebie. Most of the time it is like getting a four dollar item for free that they paid two bucks for but you have to spend $100.00 to get it free. Occasionally they do have some nice "freebie" deals but most of the time it isn't enough of an excuse for me to place an order with them. I have been in the Super Saver club about a year now and have only benefited from one free item in that time. Also, I don't make out as well as the rest of you lucky folds since I live in Illinois so I end up paying tax when shopping at Tower. I can go to my LHS and tell the owner what I need and usually he is pretty competitive with Tower once shipping is factored in.

siclick33 is right. Look through the big Tower catalog and they tell you in there what all the discounts are for the year - it isn't any big secret since most of the codes will work for anyone who enters them who qualifies for the discount.

I did have them email me a $20.00 off code on a $50.00 order once which went to an old email account I had. When I tried to use it on their site it wouldn't let me since my email address on their system didn't match the one they had sent it to. I went in and changed my email address back to my old one then I was able to use the discount code without any problem. Why they were sending the emails to my old address when I had already removed it from their system I have no idea.