Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Tower discount codes

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Tower discount codes

Old 05-03-2004, 08:54 PM
Mxer82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower discount codes

Does anyone know of the discount code for members and an order for 300.00 or more. Thanks
Tim
Old 05-03-2004, 09:05 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Default RE: Tower discount codes

They change the codes monthly.

They check the member discount codes vs your account name and won't let a non-"Super-Saver" member get the discount. The computer will just delete the code.... or it will add the "Super-Saver" subscription cost to the order.

No... I'm not going to help you rip-off Tower... and if the moderators allowed anyone to help then they'd be opening up RCuniverse to a lawsuit, if not criminal action.

Get a job. Pay for your stuff.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Mxer82

Um, I was not asking you to help me "rip off" tower. I have been a member for 5 years, and i was wondering what code is available for a big order. I get there monthly emails telling me the code but i deleted it not knowing i would be placing an order this soon. Go give someone else a lecture
Old 05-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Primodus
My Feedback: (56)

touche.[sm=lol.gif]

to assume is to make an @$$ out of u and me...[X(] (no offense)
Old 05-03-2004, 09:28 PM
FHHuber
Banned

If you are a amember... e-mail tower and ask THEM for the codes... they'll send them.

But then... a member would know that.[>:]
Old 05-04-2004, 06:25 AM
vinnie
My Feedback: (1)

Tim, call the toll free number and they'll give you the codes.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:42 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: FHHuber

No... I'm not going to help you rip-off Tower... and if the moderators allowed anyone to help then they'd be opening up RCuniverse to a lawsuit, if not criminal action.

Why would sharing of information open up RCU to a lawsuit....and what is criminal about it? I really don't think by posting an ad#, any laws are being broken.

Whether or not Towers honors a given ad# for given customer is up to them and their company policy...not a law.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The best codes are usually on the main page of the Tower website. Genrally, Tower doesn't object to the codes being passed around. There are some codes restricted, and the system won't allow you to use them unless you're eligible.

bax
Old 05-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Todd M

Tower sends you e-mails? Man I better check my other e-mail accounts...I joined a couple months ago and was wondering when I would get something new from them. Do they mail out new coupons every once in a while? and catalogs?
Old 05-04-2004, 08:40 PM
MikeMc

They check the member discount codes vs your account name and won't let a non-"Super-Saver" member get the discount. The computer will just delete the code.... or it will add the "Super-Saver" subscription cost to the order.

You seem to have a very clear idea of what would happen if you tried. Looks like somebody has tried it before. Naughty naughty.

Post thought: Holy smart cow Batman, is there nothing FHHuber doesn't know?
Old 05-04-2004, 08:51 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Yes.. once Tower gets your e-mail address you will get regular mesages from them...if you are a super-saver member or not. Super-saver members gett at least a monthly "newsletter" (ad packet) by mail and at least 1 extra e-mail a month.

Old 05-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Super-saver members gett at least a monthly "newsletter" (ad packet) by mail and at least 1 extra e-mail a month.

I've been a SS member for years and I get my sales packet on a bi-monthly basis.

Also, being a SS member you get a "freebie" with every bi-monthly ad packet. Until recently, you could get the freebie with each order you placed. But Tower now only allows one freebie every 2 months no matter how many times you order. Darn, I miss the freebies!
Old 05-04-2004, 09:42 PM
bryris

Tower seems to be a hell of company. I have purchased many things online in before, but can safely say that I have never been impressed more than with Tower hobbies. They are fast, send me e-mails with status, I can track the order from the website, shipping is a good price, etc. I think I will use them again for my future kits. My LT-40 will be here thursday, I CANT WAIT TO START PUTTING HER TOGETHER!
Old 05-04-2004, 09:58 PM
ShoestringRacer

What planet are you from and who made you the Tower Hobbies police??? And what is this nonsense about criminal action at RCU with codes?? For those of us in the legal field I thank you for the laugh. You're post is "the best jerry, the best", lol.

Old 05-05-2004, 01:47 AM
gofast3
My Feedback: (6)

I must agree with MikeMC and ShoestringRacer. Some people always post nuthin' but negativity. Anyhow with all the proven facts floating around, I think I will go and pay a $2000.00 retainer on a good lawyer to fight the pending lawsuit for passing highly illegal codes. I am sure ShoestringRacer would help me out. Anyhow the e-mails that I receive with the Super-Saver Club codes did not arrive encrypted. If they did, I still have my Captain Crunch super decoder ring. Must have been that latest PC virus that forwarded the Tower secret code to a friend.

Lighten up FHHuber. Never assume. Get the facts. Then post a decent and appropriate response. Or better yet. Don't respond. [&:]
Old 05-05-2004, 05:34 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tower Hobbies discount codes change monthly. An indication of what they are, they are in the catalogue for the year ahead and the next month is e-mailed.

I find out how much I am going to spend and then look at the catalogue. That tells me which month I will get the biggest saving. For instance, if I make a big order this month I will save $10. The same order next month and I will save $15.

There are also other offers that appear frequently. I don't think the codes are secret. They are enticing you to buy from them with the offer of a discount. They are not being generous, they want your money!

This is meant as no offence to Tower as I have had great service from them and they are cheap, but at the end of the day they are a business.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:57 AM
5_spot

I bought my plane and some more stuff from a place in florida cuz they were the cheapest and service with a smile,later i ordered more things from tower,i like florida best for there service and cheaper shipping rates.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:56 AM
P-51B

ORIGINAL: Kmot

Super-saver members gett at least a monthly "newsletter" (ad packet) by mail and at least 1 extra e-mail a month.

I've been a SS member for years and I get my sales packet on a bi-monthly basis.

Also, being a SS member you get a "freebie" with every bi-monthly ad packet. Until recently, you could get the freebie with each order you placed. But Tower now only allows one freebie every 2 months no matter how many times you order. Darn, I miss the freebies!
Where does one find the freebies in the ad packet? Is it on one of those fold out coupon sheets? I think I have been missing out free stuff!!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 10:06 AM
FHHuber
Banned

The freebie is usually one of the little fold out cupons. You have to look at all of the cupons to find it.. because its not always in the same place. (its one of thier ways to get yo to LOOK at all of the cupons)

The freebie is typically something like a pair of switch mounts when you buy $50 worth of stuff... Its a separate item number yuo order... instead of being something that takes up the discount code position on the order form or web-form. (only one discount code allowed... you can have the discount code and the "freebie.")
Old 05-05-2004, 12:58 PM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

The freebie is usually one of the little fold out cupons. You have to look at all of the cupons to find it.. because its not always in the same place. (its one of thier ways to get yo to LOOK at all of the cupons)

The freebie is typically something like a pair of switch mounts when you buy $50 worth of stuff... Its a separate item number yuo order... instead of being something that takes up the discount code position on the order form or web-form. (only one discount code allowed... you can have the discount code and the "freebie.")
The only thing I don't like about their "Freebies" is the way they advertise it before you join they don't tell you that you have to spend a minimum amount to get the freebie. Most of the time it is like getting a four dollar item for free that they paid two bucks for but you have to spend $100.00 to get it free. Occasionally they do have some nice "freebie" deals but most of the time it isn't enough of an excuse for me to place an order with them. I have been in the Super Saver club about a year now and have only benefited from one free item in that time. Also, I don't make out as well as the rest of you lucky folds since I live in Illinois so I end up paying tax when shopping at Tower. I can go to my LHS and tell the owner what I need and usually he is pretty competitive with Tower once shipping is factored in.

siclick33 is right. Look through the big Tower catalog and they tell you in there what all the discounts are for the year - it isn't any big secret since most of the codes will work for anyone who enters them who qualifies for the discount.

I did have them email me a $20.00 off code on a $50.00 order once which went to an old email account I had. When I tried to use it on their site it wouldn't let me since my email address on their system didn't match the one they had sent it to. I went in and changed my email address back to my old one then I was able to use the discount code without any problem. Why they were sending the emails to my old address when I had already removed it from their system I have no idea.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:14 AM
P-51B

Well, I just called to get any discount codes for the month. The nice operator directed me to the $10.00 off that is shown on the home page, and mentioned the $15.00 gift certificate option that is listed in the catalog, but that was it. I was thinking of placing an order today, but thought the tower talk had a better offer in it (like $20 off on a 200 or 300 dollar order)...could have been last months though. I guess I will have to wait until I get home to check.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:12 PM
DrFun
My Feedback: (4)

Tower freebeies are great,

I got hand drill set, dead center locator, mini power panel free.

Also there is $20 off $50 coupon availbale when you sign their email newsletter. You can't beet that.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:44 AM
P-51B

Well, I found that discount code last night. It was for $20.00 off on a $200.00 order...but it expired on the 5th. It figures[:@].
Old 05-19-2004, 11:33 AM
sfsjkid

I think it is a good idea to ask for codes. Tower occasionally sends email flyers to a group they consider "Gold" members, which are not generally available, nor will Tower tell you them. Generally, you need to spend $500 plus. Hmm, sometimes Tower sends coupons with your order, wondering if there are any other "secret" discounts. Don't get me wrong, Tower is one of my main suppliers, but sometimes get tired of seeing different offers.

Frank
Old 05-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Broken

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since were all sitting at a computer and have access to the tower website I think it is helpfull to post this. This link is always located at the bottom of towers mainpage. You have to scroll down to see it..

http://www.towerhobbies.com/promos.html

It is the Tower Website that lists most if not all of there current promos to the general public. If you have paid to be a SuperSaver member you get your mailer. Also If you recently made a large purchase you may get special promo. But I think that your account is flagged when you are sent a special promo. This is to ensure that people don't do what it sound like some are trying to do..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.