RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP YardStick Help (Research B4 U Buy)
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 05:04 PM
tseavert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP YardStick Help (Research B4 U Buy)

Hello Everyone[8D],

This is my first post so please let me know If this is not proper format or maybe I'm outta line.

I just got a YardStick. Got it built this weekend. Boy, from what I'm reading across the internet, I wish I gotten something else. I cannot get this thing off of the ground. Set up as follows... HiTec Laser 4, HT 555 Rec, 2 HS81 Servos, Rest of the Stock Stuff. This is my first plane. Some of the research I have done AFTER i got the plane suggests that it is a POS. I haven't found ANY positive info on this plane. If anyone could provide a link to some, it might make me feel better. Seems like the Slow Stick is the way to go.

As for the YS I did not know exactly how to mount the servos as they will not fit in the battery frame. I trusted TowerHobbies to make sure I was getting what I needed. I told them that I was new to RC, and asked them If the equipment I had picked out was OK for this kit. They said it was. I really wish I had a hobby store here where I live (Nearest is about 45 miles from Me).

OK, Anyone else out there have this plane? Does it work? Anyone using the HS81 servos? How did you mount them? Oh yea, Is there a possibility that I'm not getting full power through the ESC?

Can say that I liked building the kit. Was fun to play with the Radio Equip and get it to work properly. The instruction manual was not very thorough with the steps to build everything. They promote this as being suitable for a beginner to build and and fly. I think it said you could assemble this thing in about an hour, I don't think that is possible even for an experienced builder.

Attached are some pictures.

Any help and/or comments would be appreciated.

Oh yea I almost forgot, Ironic that this plane is showing up in the ad at the top of the page.

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70594.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	130332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75275.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	130333