RCU Forums - View Single Post - Keith's Top Flite Spitfire build
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 09:47 AM
CHEF-UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keith's Top Flite Spitfire build

Right,
okay this is the first major post that I have started so I shall try my best to keep this updated when time allows for me. I have yet to work out how to put photos up on here.

I have been flying now for some 3 years, and I would categorize myself as a intermediate pilot. I have always liked the spitfires and after some lenghty searching on the www I have finally decided to build the Top Flite one.

This is my 1st ever build. I have always done ARTF models before, so I am a complete beginner to balsa bashing, so I am bound to make mistakes so hopefully some of you out there will be able to give me some pointers as I am sure many of you have built this model. I want to do my best on it of course, do a little bit of scale work. But we shall see how it goes.

Right let's see if we can get the photo to work.

This is how it all begins.......

One thing that does make things hard for me, is when is the manual it says, !QUOT!grab a piece of balsa stick 1/6 x 1/32!QUOT! etc, I have metal rulers with inches etc on them, how do you guys work out what bit is for what ? I don't want to get further in the build and found out I am missing some piece of wood, or used the wrong ones. So far all is ok though.

And this is what is inside. (wonder if the photos, will A) work and B) be in the correct place.?

Keith
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27860.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	130833   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15276.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	130834