RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP YardStick Help (Research B4 U Buy)
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 12:07 PM
tseavert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP YardStick Help (Research B4 U Buy)

Thanks Guys!!

jkscha I would like to see how you mounted the engine, as both of my motor mounts have broken. I am experiencing the same thing as a lot of other people with the brittle plastic. Both motor mounts have broken, one from a rough landing, and one for no reason. I broke one of the tabs off of the battery holder when I was assembling it. EXTREMELY fragile. One other problem I have is that one of the wings will not come off. I do not know why, but the TE rod will not come out of the wing bracket. I thought I might have accidently got some CA on it when I ca'd the wing mounts, but I cannot see any evidence of this. I soaked it for a couple of Mins with some acetone and still could not get it out.

Well Yesterday I had a little better experience with the plane. I can actually get it into the air if I hand launch it. I was trying ROG. One of the major problems that I have is that I have zip tied the servos to the battery holder. They are not secure enough. I could not get the plane to trim out properly, because I think the servos were moving. (I assume "trim" means to use trim controls on the TX to get plane to fly straight by using rudder and elevator.)

3 major problems right now.

1. need better motor mounts.
2. Need a better way to mount the servos.
3. Need more power, this thing seeems as though it is underpowered.

Thanks,
Tom