RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger Pro 46 - Dead stick
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2002, 04:47 PM
RussianFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger Pro 46 - Dead stick

Hi,

I own a TT Pro .46 as well and have been using Fox RC Long Plugs from the time I got it. So far I had no real problems with it except for a couple of dead sticks which were caused by me having too my much fun and running the fuel tank dry . Am I ruining my engine running Fox plugs?

I also had a similar dead stick problem when the engine was being broken in(at 3 tanks) and adjusted by a fellow club member. The engine idled and went through all the tests fine until the engine got up to around half throttle, at which point it just quit (on take off). Turned out it was the low end needle adjustment being set too lean. After richening the low needle the engine never dead sticked on me again unless it ran out of fuel.

Just pitching in my $.02

P.S.: In the instructions I got with the engine, it was written that the Pro .46 is a ABN type engine. I think it was listed in the beggining of the manual somewhere. And the fox plugs seem to last for quiet a while as well. I replaced one plug after it ran through a gallon and a half of fuel and was still good(replacement = insurance from failure) . The engine was purchased in the year 2000. Does anyone have any idea why the instructions are different from the current ones published? Did I get the Y2K Engine Edition? :devious: