RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Price of Detail worth the money?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Price of Detail worth the money?

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

OOOhhhhh....Nice, thats my dream airbrush. Did you order the metal cased airbrush that comes in the wooden box, with all the tips? Thats the one i want to add to my airbrush collection. Let me know how you like it.

Matt
I don't know what's scarier, the fact that you have a "dream airbrush", or the fact that you have an "airbrush collection"??

I had a tough time shopping, too. I was leaning Aztec, but in my overly-anal net searching, I heard too many complaints (not biggies, more quibbles). To me, they seem a little plasticy for the $$, but I'm usually one to DEFEND the use of plastic when appropriate, so I guess I was a bit of a hypocrite.

I then agonized over Iwata Eclipse vs. the Badger 360 universal, and settled on the Badger. Mostly 'cause it's, well, universal, meaning it's a bottom feed (jars) AND a gravity feed (lil' cup on top) at the same time! These seemed more "professional", something that hardly describes my skill level, but when you read about all the REAL pros who recommend these ones (over Aztec) you might get re-confused!!

I'm happy, but don't let me dissuade you from the Aztec (the top-line ones). The interchangable tip setup is very nice, but as you've probably seen, it can get expensive unless you get a big kit right off the bat.

And fhm is DEAD ON CORRECT in recommending Dixie Art Supplies!!!!!! GREAT prices, GREAT service...EVERYTHING you want....well, everything except Aztec airbrushes!!

Dean