RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCU is now almost unuseable for dial up users
Old 05-20-2004, 11:33 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU is now almost unuseable for dial up users

ORIGINAL: coupar

Thanks mkranitz, RCU may consider this a solution but I think you could advertise just as effectively with less graphic detail and avoid pissing off your potential customers..... your sponsors might even sell more!

Mkranitz: I realize you guys need to make money to stay in business. To provide good service and feed the kids at the same time, it's a fine line, but for me you just crossed it.
Our clients design most of the ads on the site. THEY LIKE the graphics. So do many of our members. Text ads won't cut it.

Now, what really confuses me is how I "crossed the line". Are you serious? We just offered members a way to eliminate banner ads if THEY choose. We provided an option and you feel we've "crossed the line." You've got me there. Im stumped.

If you don't want to pay, you don't have to. If you don't want to see the ads, your usage of the site will cost exactly $1.66 per month. I'm sure you spend more than that on beer or milk or cigarettes or pizza or virtually anything that goes in one end and comes out the other (and at that price only once a month!). We provide a steady valuable service FREE every day of the year. It's free if you want it that way. If you hate banners, pay the nominal fee and get free bucks in the market, no banners and all the other stuff you get with your upgrade.

It's all about giving you choice. Sorry we've offended you with that.

Michael