RCU Forums - View Single Post - Loss of an Airplane to stupidity!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 06:43 PM
wagas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Loss of an Airplane to stupidity!

ORIGINAL: Falcon Jet

At least the guy had balls to come forward and admit it was him who shot you down, did he pay for your airplane? He could of very easily kept quite and left the field, leaving you scratching your head as to what happened. I can relate, I shot down someone years ago. At the time I was new to the sport and completely forgot to check the frequency board proir to doing a frequency check with mine. Once I realized what I did, I readily admitted it was me that caused him to crash. Since this guy was about twice the size of me, I fully expected to get decked. [] Luckily he had a cool head and I paid him in full for his plane. I felt about as high as a dime. I discreatly left the field and went home and kicked myself for what I did. It was an expensive lesson for me and I still feel bad about what I did. Now, before I even think about turning my transmitter on, I check the frequency board first and place my card. The other guy and I become good friends after that. I say, give the guy a break, it was an honest mistake and he probably felt the same way as I did, AS LONG AS HE PAID FOR YOUR LOSE! Ya it hurts, but s@#t happens. It wasn't the first time this has happened, and it wont be the last.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Chris.
Falcon Jet:
Yes, he did come forward and said he would make it right...but I don't think it was balls, somebody was helping him with his helicopter and it would have just been a matter of time before somebody said something.. But just because he fessed up to it doesn't make it OK. It was still a STUPID thing that he did! Period.... Should we all be happy because somebody comes forward and admits to wrong doing. I think the owner of the plane would have been better off if he had thought it was an actual failure of some sort. I'm telling you he was fine with the crash and had already accepted the crash 'till the guy fessed to shooting him down.

Yes accidents do happen when PEOPLE GET STUPID! What you did to the guy was STUPID no matter how you look at it. It was your fault. You turned on you transmitter and shot him down. It doesn't matter if it was your dad, brother, best friend or most hated enemy it was a stupid mistake. Everybody makes mistakes, I have, the owner has everybody has I know nobody is perfect, it still hurts. Each to his own but MONEY cannot buy or replace what was worked on. I'll get over it and I'll still continue to build and fly.

Here is a definition of !QUOT!stupid!QUOT! straight out of the dictionary for you...

stu·pid ( P ) Pronunciation Key (stpd, sty-)
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.