RCU Forums - View Single Post - West TX "JETFX" Rally July 16-18 DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS, HOTELS
Old 06-08-2004, 02:09 PM
mark osborn
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: West TX "JETFX" Rally '04

Hey David,
The event is scheduled for July 16-18. JETFX is listed on JPO website, in the AMA monthly and at www.propbuster.org. You being in FT Worth puts you fairly close. The event will be in Odessa which is appx 4 hrs west of you on I-20. We will be sponsoring the Special Olympics with partial proceeds from the gate. Television stations are scheduled for a live interview during the morning on Friday and offers a good chance for pilots to get some AIR time. The flying field was built specifically for model aircraft only and hosts three intersecting runways, covered pits, food pavillion, enclosed m/w restrooms, 40+ RV spaces, 11 with electrical, small grandstand seating, all located 3 miles s of I-20, well away from any homes. Frequency tests have been completed and indicated no problems. Mid day entertainment will be provided on Saturday. Meals will be available Friday & Saturday for lunch, Saturday pilots dinner, and Sunday lunch. These meals are not just hamburgers, they are meals. If you get the chance, pack up, head west and come fly the beautiful W TX sky, you'll be glad you did.