RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP YardStick Help (Research B4 U Buy)
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 10:54 PM
sky_dancer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP YardStick Help (Research B4 U Buy)

I had this problem. If you go to the Tower website and click on tech notes for this plane, you will find a little notation explaining that the front prop washer is designed to be used with APC props and not the supplied kit prop. I t says it's acceptable to just use the prop nut without the washer. Nice of GP to tell us that in the manual hunh?
So far I've only tried to fly my yardstick once and I couldn't get it to stay in the air. It just wants to dive. It seems like the motor mount rings have an awful lot of built in down thrust. I've adjusted them a bit to take some of it out but I haven't had a chance to try flying it again. It still looks like it has too much to me.
I have read what everyone has been saying about this plane but all in all I've always been pleased with GP products I've bought in the past. I understand that a motor upgrade might be in order but wouldn't it be possible to get at least some performance boost by starting with changing out the prop to an APC of a different pitch?
Michael