RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scale olde non-lead sled
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 06:24 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Scale olde non-lead sled

ORIGINAL: SoCal GliderGuider

Send me a jpeg at 300 lines per inch and I can do a plan set overlay in Acad. Once this is done I can send plot files to anyone that they can take to a local blueprint house and have printed.

Jpeg is much smaller than gif.
This is a very generous offer SoCal. I've done a few tracings in CAD like that myself and there's still a few hours labour involved even just for some basic lines. Is your offer coming from a personal intrest to possibly build one of these as well? If so it's gratifying to see a few folks that don't feel the need for pure performance to such a degree that they insist on flying winged broomhandles ALL the time! There's certainly nothing wrong with pure performance in it's place but sometimes it's nice to kick back and watch something fly that beautifies the skies by it's presence and shape, don't you think?

Anyway, I'll do a jpg scan at your preference and email it to you. PM me your email addy at your convienience.

Oh, and I chose GIF because my software will reduce the GIF file to 2 color line art. The JPG export insists on at least 256 bit color and that pumps up the file size tremendously. Is that what you reffered to?