RCU Forums - View Single Post - Change to Synthetic Fuel
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Change to Synthetic Fuel

i have nice unburnt clean oil on my plane at the end of a run ( the other oil that is burnt is the one that does the heat dissipation ), i can touch the heads of engines during and with some engines right after a run. i have clean engines that give more power than any of the castor runners, i also have no carb problems. tuning isn't a problem and infact easier.
after a winter left in the shed i can fuel up and start first flick, i kid you not, even engines kept in a box for over a year go with no fuss.

now this is only using the Weston fuels, I've not used others, but if you like high % figures let me scare you castor lovers, my Prosynth has about 16% oil, Liquid Gold ( the fuel for tuning idiots ) 18%

now something else about other fuels, they do % by weight, so you get less nitro than you think, also for every 1% of oil you have you lose the equivalent power of 1% nitro..

Castor is good for old engines that were made for it, and for MDS's which need the gunk to hide the carb leaks, but times have changed my gummy old friends, run some synth through your engine and notice the difference after a few runs, it'll even clean the insides up for you at the same time and bring the engine back to life. no more brown sticky engines and planes.

what really gets my goat is the company that still lags behind and if you use synths they wont stand by their warranty, oh yes, they use a synth fuel for reviewing the engines to give them the best stats.