RCU Forums - View Single Post - Scale olde non-lead sled
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2004, 08:38 PM
Rick K
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scale olde non-lead sled

Oh well, I was hoping somebody knew of something scale but of a WWII era 'ish' style that was designed for RC but not so overly complex as to become an engineering project. I read in RCM a year or two ago a review of a plane, a Sling something, but didn't quite like it. It was said the Mfg. planned to produce other scale 'olde' kits but I never heard another thing about it. With all of the small, known to but a few locals type Mfg's (garage operations) Ive' read about here and other sites which I'd never heard of elsewhere, I thought that perhaps there may have been one out there that was doing kits of this type . . . I bet there is, it's just a matter of finding them. Sooner or later, someday . . . Still though, I'm glad to see there's others out there who like the style of the 'golden age' planes of yore.

I know Europen Mfg's make these kind of kits or have plans for such planes but as those Europen designs all seem meant for the slope they all have that 'lead-sled' wing loading that I'm trying to avoid. None appear to be light enough for enjoyable thermaling. All the ones Ive' seen have 15-20+oz/sq. ft. loadings at a minimum. Does anyone know of a web site that deals in these kits? Maybe they have something that'll fit the bill after all. Thanks,
Rick K.