RCU Forums - View Single Post - Falcon 50 SE II REPORT-- The Building Project
Old 07-19-2002, 03:02 PM
Kirk-RCU
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon 50 SE II REPORT -- Page 14-15 -- Engine, Fuel Tank, & Lower Frame

OK, I got my tank in yesterday, and last night I finally got the lower frame finished.

At first I was upset that I had ripped a hole in my gas tank and had to order another one, but now that I look back on the situation, it was the best thing that happened. WHY??? WELL because it gave everyone time to view where I was in this project, and post some of the mistakes I had made. Such as the washer issue that I just discussed.

OK, page 14 was a breeze!! Basically all I did was assemble the fan, and then stick it on.

The instruction and the pictures on page 14 clearly show me removing everything from the front of the engine except for the washer that rides over the bearing. But when I went to tighten down the fan assembly, it stopped where the engine shaft widens. But it did not take me long to figure out that it stopped only because it's such a great fit.

BEING I had to order another fuel tank, I went ahead and ordered the optional CN2154 Machined Throttle Extension. Ohhhhh it's pretty!!!

Here's the link to page 14: CLICK HERE

There were no errors, or mistakes on this page.

OK on to page 15 which is where I ran into trouble the last time. THIS time I said to myself: "...SELF (that's what I call myself), DON'T force anything!!"

I'm a step one, step two, step three kind of guy!! And on page 15, this is where I ran into trouble. The instructions tell you to do a whole bunch of things, then it mentions to install the muffler, then the tank and based upon the pictures, I figured I was supposed to do all this as one big step.

For example: IT tells me to attache the Right lower side to the upper frame, attach the engine shroud, and then attach the engine to the right side. All the while telling me to use thread lock. WELL if you do that, then the fuel tank doesn't fit, so you have to take the engine off to get the fuel tank in. Once you do that, it then tell you to attach the muffler. But to get the muffler screws into the engine, you once again have to take the engine off of the lower side frame.

Anyway, I did get it all together, it took some patience, but I got it. OH, that ENGINE SHROUD is a real bear to get on too. TAKE your time and don't force it, but at the same time you will need to put a little pressure on it.

The only thing missing from the kit so far were 4 M3x7 washers that I am suppose to use to attach the lower frame to the upper frame. It was not big deal, I just went to Lowe's and for .97 cents I got 6!!! That left me 2 extra!! Oh by the way, they are for sale so if you want to make me an offer I'm selling the 2 washers for only .10 cents a piece, but don't forget to add the shipping cost <GRIN>

Any Questions????

Yours,

Kirk Voclain
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	18252_2473.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	11272