RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ebenezer - for R/C?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebenezer - for R/C?

Once in a while, by and by, over the years, as time goes by, long ago and far away, and recently in FM...

...I have run into this homely little FF model from the '50s. Its so homely, its cute. Like Henry's Flea and Eric's Fred.

Flat-plate "airfoil", profile fuselage, quick-building, and lots of "character" (kinda like me, aw shucks).

Every time I run into the full-size drawing in the box that holds my treasured Sml Brd plans collection I speculate on two things;

1. I know that I am way beyond chasing FF models anymore. So,

2. I wonder about an R/C conversion.

I am always able to talk myself out of the R/C project pretty quickly because I dislike the idea of hanging a receiver and servos in the path of the exhaust residue from a TD .010 or .020. They can get pretty messy you know. But if I use a built-up fuselage - well it just wouldn't be a 'nezer anymore now would it.

Ah, but now that I have been gathering components to electrify a Wee Stick/Littlest Stick - I am wondering about an electric version of the Ebenezer too. This way I could keep the profile fuselage and stick the electronics to the outside without worrying about "contamination".

So, I put the following question to you my favorite, all-knowing, little web-buddies, "whatcha think"? Glow-engine-power? Battery-motor-power? Rudder only? Rudder-elevator? Rudder-motor? Ailerons (ptui)? Should I enlarge it to cary the extra weight of a electric version? Should Ibuild boxes around the electronics for a glow version? Has anyone done it already? What worked? What didn't? And should I vote for Dubbya or whatsisname the Demo-guy?

This is just a mental exercise at this point. My "to-build" list runneth over as it is. But, just maybe if youse guys provide me with some support and encouragement and your usual astounding wisdom/experience - well, the 'nezer project might just move up into the top ten - five even.

I'll be checking this post every 10 or 15 minutes for the next week because I am certain that there will be scores of responses, suggestions, and your usual wise counsel. (Let's see well how this suckin-up works)