RCU Forums - View Single Post - YS 63 Lost my Muffler is it OK to fly on my Sledge?
Old 07-15-2004, 09:29 AM
remcl1
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YS 63 Lost my Muffler is it OK to fly on my Sledge?

Typical: the one that takes a thread in the wrong direction is the one that wants to end it, when he is called to the carpet.

The muffler question has been addressed, so there is no need to stay on topic.

You state that 3D is flying in a stalled attitude. This is technically not possible. If the airplane is stalled, it is no longer flying: hence by definition you state an oxymoron. Don't forget your prop is a wing. Having said that: 3D flying is flying an airplane in a non traditional axis. It has nothing to do with stalling. Think of the airplane flying straight; the plane is following and maintaining a direction that the nose is pointing. This is standard or 2D flying. when you 3D or enter the third dimension of flying you take the plane in a direction contrary to the direction that the nose is pointing. Such as harrier. The nose is pointing up, but the plane is traveling forward. The wing is not stalled. Granted it is not generating the amount of lift it would if the angle of attack were less, but it is not stalled. Stalling or partially stalling a wing is or can be part of 3D, but it does not define 3D. The axes that you travel defines 3D. I agree with you that flying 3D is not flying wild. For the most part it is flying slow and controlled. That is why 3D flying, in my opinion, can be safer than 2D flying. It is slower and lower.