RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP YardStick Help (Research B4 U Buy)
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 08:33 PM
kevinv
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP YardStick Help (Research B4 U Buy)

I too was frustrated with my yard stick, under powered , circling stalls, trouble trimming out.
Then I changed prop, broke the motor mounts loose rechecked the prop paralellism with the leading edge of the wing. Then super glued the mounts back.Cycled the battery. Also check how the prop turns, the gear box is a bushing type , is the bushing a oil lite type? I doudt it, put a drop of heavy oil on the motor shaft an turn it so the oil works it way into the bushing.
Now my yard stick flys straight and has plenty of power for that motor. It was the difference between night and day.
Most of my trouble was the motor mounts working loose with the rotation an torque of the prop. The prop would end up being about 3/4 inch out . The other Gentle man with his hand made mount looks impressive. I feel that is alot of the yard sticks trouble is the Motor mounts.
And the apc stock prop. the bushing collar in not even close to the right size even my after market I had to put a reamer to the collar to get it to fit. Now it is fun to fly.