RCU Forums - View Single Post - MAMBA Brushless Motor Thread!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 10:47 AM
madblunted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAMBA Brushless Motor Thread!

no.. it stands for something else, something volt, i dont think it was Kilo Volt but something else.... Kensil Volt or something.. i'll have to look it up somewhere, if it was the rpms it would be nuts!! Good theory though.

Actually I found it, you right, and I guess I am right, check it out..

Q. What are motor constants?
A. (Jim Bourke)

Motor constants are used to define the characteristics of a motor in quantifiable terms. Every motor can be accurately defined using exactly 3 motor constants: kv (rpm/volt), rm (terminal resistance), and io (no-load current). The kv constant is the rpms produced by a motor per volt applied. A 100% efficient motor could be described using this constant alone, but there are losses in the motor that make this impossible. If the kv is known, then we can determine another constant called kt. Kt is the torque produced per amp. kv and kt are proportional as shown: kt = 1355 / kv This relationship between kt and kv is a law for every motor. The rm constant is called the "terminal resistance" of the motor. This is the loss inside the motor due to the wiring in the armature. The rm constant represents a loss of power due to imperfect materials inside the motor. The final constant, io, is the no-load current. The motor table at the end of this faq shows several popular motors and their constants

I found this at http://www.ezonemag.com/pages/efaq.htm#motor5