RCU Forums - View Single Post - XTM mammoth OR 2.5 T-maxx????
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 08:33 PM
creyc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XTM mammoth OR 2.5 T-maxx????

Aye, okay sorry about that. That was a bit harsh after re-reading. :|

I have raced some Mammoths at my local RC track and I can't deny they are fast trucks. Definitely the quickest monster I've seen at over 50MPH, I've just never had the chance to bash around with it much. His didn't break a thing and he landed some nasty jumps but he had a lot of custom parts on it according to the owner. It's cheaper than the LST for sure, and a bit less than the Savage RTR too so if you're not ready to break the bank over a hobby truck it is a good truck. I wouldn't go for the T-Maxx as much as the Mammoth. I don't like getting the same thing, many parts are identical on the 2.5 Maxx, so on the plus side you'll be good at working on it but you'll have to re-do everything you already built up on your last truck which may be a pain. I like buying a different truck from what I have already even if it's very good just to compare. My brother has a Savage and I love that truck. In fact if he didn't have it I would have bought myself an SS but getting something new and different is all part of the hobby.

Think of it as a chance to experience what a different truck can do so you can make a good comparison between the two instead of being bound by what you already know of the T-Maxx limits. You know what will break, you know what to replace off the bat. For the pure driver who want's nothing to do with wrenching on the truck that's fine. But I know lots of us here like to tinker and experiment with different trucks, different engines, radios, suspension setups etc... May as well Get a truck you can learn from has been my way of thinking.