RCU Forums - View Single Post - OLD MAN NEEDS BACK IN.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OLD MAN NEEDS BACK IN.

Hi Sparky,

I returned to the hobby late last year after about 30 years. I have found many things have change, for an example, the .45 2 strokes now have the power of the old .60's, the new computer radios will do such things as automatically applying rudder in aileron turns and storing information for the different models you fly and much more.

One thing that helped me get the "feel" of the sticks again, and help with orientation was the Realflight G2 flight simulator. This is a program that runs on your computer and allows you to use the supplied transmitter simulator, or use your own transmitter. You may want to ask around and see if someone will show you what it is like. Its great to practice on.

I got a little confused with the new "lingo" and short forms and put together a list of the terms with definitions. Do a search on "acronyms" and you'll find the post - the latest information is always at the end of the post. To go to the end of any post, look for an arrow that points right in the description of the post and click on it.

One word of caution, most people interpret words that are capitalized in a post as shouting - you may want to turn them off. Also, they are harder to read smoothly.

Glad to have you back! Hope you enjoy the hobby as much as I.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne Miller