RCU Forums - View Single Post - OLD MAN NEEDS BACK IN.
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 01:47 PM
grizzydog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OLD MAN NEEDS BACK IN.

I think your plan is a great one. You will have a great motor for later too! I have had my times with which engine on what plane. I like power thou. I put a 80 satio on a midwest starduster, works great, wished I would have went with the 90 all thou it might have prop clearence trouble. I then built a 60 size Top Flight p47 which I thought a os 60 with a pump would work. (not) It overheated because it just didn't have the power. I went radical and put a 180 satio four stroke on and opps. Might be such a thing as to much, left the ground in about 2 ft. Didn't seem to want to fly unless it was climbing to the moon! Had enough speed to buzz the whole airplane to destruction. Had to buy a sig arf 1/4 scale extra 300 to settle that motor down. (darn) I finally bought a 120 satio and its the most perfect motor for the p47. I can't tell you how impressed I am with its idle and transion of throttle, its user friendly on fuel unlike the 180 too. But the 180 does make good use of the fuel, 28 oz a flight but it has power. Gas might be the answer to a 1/4 scale but haven't tried one. Just thought I would share what worked for me.[/size]