RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone Slo-V Review
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 08:38 AM
RickAvery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone Slo-V Review

Well, the wind died down just after sundown, 0 to 5mph, and we took the 'V' out to the fly-spot. I was concerned about the amount of travel in the elevons as it didn't appear to me to be enough to affect the airplane much. I had the Tx in the 'LOW' rate mode. I went ahead and switched to 'HIGH' rate, wound her up and gave her a toss at about a 30deg angle. She took right off into the breeze and climbed well to about 50'. Trimmed her out without a problem. She flies real slow and fairly steady with the slight gusting breeze. I switched to 'LOW' rate and found that the apparent small amount of travel was enough to control the plane and did slow down the response. It should be a great trainer. I've never flown a stick plane, I have a sky scooter, and an e-slayer wing, so nothing to compare it with. I bought this plane to teach my kids how to fly. I throttled back a little bit and we flew her around for about 7 min. letting each of my kids get a small bit of stick time with me holding the box. It sure did look neat that big ol fat wing lumbering by so slowly. I launched and landed her twice without incident and brought her back to the hanger in one piece. I need more batteries, LOL!! She'll be a fun plane. I did put a zip-ty around the Rx and fuse. It was going to fall off with just the double sided tape holding it. Happy flying!!
Does anyone know what the technical size of the slo-v batts are? Looking to get a couple of extra packs.
Ri