RCU Forums - View Single Post - Edge 3D set ups
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Shogun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge 3D set ups

Ok guys I thought about asking this question over in the 3D forum but decided that it might be a good idea to go where all of the other Edge guys congregate and of course perhaps Tom will have an answer to my question.

My Edge is set up basically like many others I have been seeing on the net so there is nothing different about it versus anyone elses. I am not sure of the weight but I'm guessing around 18 lbs with a DA 50 and 3 nicad packs, balance is at 5 inches back.

Here's what I'm wanting to know....

Does anyone have one set up that actually is stable in a harrier or elevator and doesn't rock the wings like mad? IF I slow mine down to a stall and flip into high rates as soon as I apply a little elevator it starts rocking and can be a real handful. I have tried different throttle settings, elevator throws anywhere from 10 to 40 degrees and spoilerons and nothing really makes a difference. I have my suspicions that my problem is just high wing loading but I want to know if anyone out there has one that is basically built stock from the box that 3D's well for them?

Or are only the planes that have $200 worth of carbon fiber upgrades in them doing the 3D thing well?

Also, what seems to be the concensus on the best 3D prop for this airplane with a DA 50 that is past the break in stage? I am considering a Mejzlick 23 x 8 or an NX 22 x 8 but would love to try a Menz.....alas nobody seems to have any right now. Currently I'm using an MSC 22 x 8 and it seems ok but I think I can do better.....maybe I'm wrong on this?