RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hummingbird to Raptor Flight conversion
Old 08-24-2004, 09:12 PM
skrielow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hummingbird to Raptor Flight conversion

I own both a Hummingbird CP and a Raptor30v2->converted to a 50v2. I will tell you this much my friend, CONGRATULATIONS on learning to fly a Hummingbird before you have flown a Regular sized Heli! Its no small feat!! The Raptor is a charm compared to the Hummingbird CP. It's 1000 times more stable in a hover and if the Raptor has a heading hold gyro, its not so crazy on the rudder either. I love both of my helis but I would much rather fly the Raptor. I don't think you will be in for any surprises just as long as you be careful and take it slow. Bigger helis can be VERY dangerous. The Raptor is just as much a beast as it is angel! Maybe use a training gear for the safety of the heli initally. I know my Hummingbird tends to want to kick around when I power it up but watch when you fly the Raptor that you don't give it too much rudder when moving the collective. You will notice that you don't have to "fly" the Raptor as much as you do the 'Bird. Hell, you'll probably put the Hummingbird on the shelf after you fly a Raptor!!!

Stewart