RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problem with Hobby Town USA
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 02:05 PM
jettstarblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problem with Hobby Town USA

Righty, I have no problem. I'm not whining either, just stating fact, get it right. And in case you don't read any further, I DON'T SHOP THERE.

First, no one is complaining about buying anything on-line, the complaint is the horrendous service/rediculous prices @ (most) hobbytowns. (Unfortunately, most of us have to SHOP at a place once or twice to find out it sucks, unless you have a secret method of knowing which stores are good before you ever walk in)

As for "you can only stock what will sell", I've been to much smaller hobby shops, who stocks all kinds of stuff that sits awhile, and they don't price gouge.

knobbytown could sell tons of aircraft stuff, if only they knew a tiny bit about it. Like how to price it, what it does, and most importantly, if they even have it.

Who you callin' DuBro?
"A Sullivan slant tank, Uh, I don't think we sell those kind of tanks." (he thought I meant a military tank, not a fuel tank, actually, he didn't have a clue WHAT I was talking about, nor did he care)

A G.P "Escapade" for 89.99? COME ON NOW!!! It will be there another year, I'm sure.
A G.P. 5 amp speed controller for 49.99? Yeah, after the owner changed the price tag, which originally said 24.99. I saw him doing it! After I had it on the counter!!
7.99 for 11X6 props, because it's the Christmas rush? You know where to put those, and I don't mean on the shelf!

Needless to say, I don't go there anymore. THERE ARE FAR TOO MANY PLACES MORE DESERVING OF MY MONEY.
I've even written corporate HQ to let them know of these things, but never got a response. Guess as long as they make a bunch selling zip zaps, and dungeons and dragons stuff they won't have a need to sell to/service R.C. plane modellers.
Too bad.