RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nobler bell crank failed
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 04:30 PM
WCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nobler bell crank failed

Thanks Bill Baxter for commenting.
The 1st response I recieved was from David Wolf in Hobby Services sympathizing with me for my plane and mentioning the parts to fix it.
The 2nd response was from Adam W. in Product Support stating the bell crank bolt coming off was an anomaly and offering to pass the info on.
My brother is rebuilding it and it is almost finished so I can't send the plane back. I don't have the reciept. I bought it and had it a while before we built it so the warranty is probably outdated anyway. It's not a problem. I don't have any issues with Top Flite I just got a bad plane. The most I hoped for was maybe alerting someone else to the fact that the bell crank bolt can come off. If Top Flite doesn't think it happens often enough that it warrants mentioning then that is their perogative. I would feel comfortable buying another TF Nobler I would just check it over more thoroughly next time. I feel like share the blame as I should have checked that bolt but it never occurred to me. So I won't go around bad mouthing Top Flite because I got one bad plane out of 1000's made. Stuff happens and chalk one up to lesson learned.
WCB